Pages 1

Thursday, November 09, 2006

OAMC & NL Day 3


OK, so...the house is still clean for the most part but I still have those last two laundry baskets full of "stuff" to contend with. How am I feeling? Relaxed, in control and a good deal more peaceful. I love being able to see the floors!!! I am still waiting for my messy-relapse but all is clean for now.

My mom sent me a link to this pretty cool website:
www.organizedchristmas.com which led me to its sister site: www.organizedhome.com which in turn led me to several articles on Once A Month Cooking (OAMC). I am definitely intrigued and plan on giving it a try after our next paycheck. The recipes looked good but not low fat like I would want them to be. Still, the aspect of only having to cook once or twice a month is all to appealing. I will let you know how it goes once I begin.

I had my hip x-rays today. The doctor should call next week with the results. It was somewhat of a debacle though. I walked in at 10:30 and by 10:45 I was given a gown and the tech began asking me questions. Well, since I could not tell her that I was 100% sure that I was not pregnant, she had to send me over to the hospital for a pregnancy test!! I was pretty aggravated since I had left the children with my aunt and told her it would take an hour and a half..TOPS!! Well, by 12:30 I was back at the Imaging Center, test taken and waiting. The tech comes out with a solemn look on her face and knelt beside me. I just knew she was going to say :"I'm sorry ,Mrs. Shaw, but we cannot do the x-ray today because you are pregnant." I seriously think I almost passed out and I knew I must have been as white as a ghost. Well, she did in fact say "I'm Sorry.." but it was followed with "We are still waiting for the pregnancy test results, if you need to go get something to eat, then go ahead." WHEW!!!!! Dodged that bullet for sure!!

My brother is coming into town today. Will be nice to visit with him and have him spend some time with the boys. Looking forward to a lazy weekend- NO PLANS!! Yeah!!! (Finally)

No comments: