Pages 1

Monday, May 05, 2008

Cinco De Mayo





















We had a little impromptu gathering tonight to celebrate Cinco De Mayo. No, neither Derek nor I are of Hispanic decent and as a matter of fact, according to my husband, Cinco De Mayo is a holiday created by a beer company that has no historical significance.






No matter. For us it was an excuse to get together with friends, eat yummy food and make chocolate chimmichangas! Tim and Joni brought their 4-yo son Drew who happens to be one of Tate's favorite buddies. Josh and Laura brought their 4-month old son Jack who sported a mean mustache and sombrero. James & Andrea brought little 4 week old Andrew who slept for most of the time.











The menu consisted of steak & chicken fajitas, beef burritos, rice, beans and this incredible homemade salsa that Joni brought. For dessert I treated everyone to chocolate chimmichangas a la mode which are pure sin but worth every calorie.


After dinner everyone went outside and we let the kids destroy the first pinata and then the adults took shots at another one. I think I will be picking candy out of our yard for the next month!



















Anyway, it was a nice break from the usual Monday night routine and just what I needed to relieve the stress that this week has already brought on. If I can get through this week, I'll be oh so ready for Summer!

1 comment:

Garretts said...

So, I'm not the only one still up! What a fun time...I agree...bring on the summer! Thanks for such a fun Monday night.