Pages 1

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thoughts

Soooo, I haven't exactly been the most avid blogger lately. I rarely blog without pictures to post but I think that a blog should be about more than photographs. Memories, thoughts, dreams- they all belong here.

Today was so rainy and cold- the kind of day that all you want to do is drink coffee and read a book on the couch covered in a favorite quilt. As mother of young children though, that just cannot be done. There are bowls of cereal to be filled, sippy cups to distribute, sticky hands to clean and food-laden floors to mop.

The Playgroup girls and I threw a little impromptu shower for Michelle today. It was nice to have the gang back together again. We haven't met all together since December and doing so again reminded me of why this group was started in the first place.

As I looked around the room today at my precious mother-friends, I thought how amazing it was that I was in the presence of truly great women and all WONDERFUL mothers. We each have our own way of doing things- one mom tries to keep sweets from the hands of her toddler, another mom thinks organic foods are the key to good health, a few moms let their kids wander without worry while some moms hover over their little one "just to make sure". No matter how we parent or what choices we make for our children, I know without a doubt that we are all doing what we think is best for our kids. We may make different choices along the way for our babies, but one thing rings true for us all- we LOVE our children and we are doing the best we can, the best way we know how.

*****

Something else that has been on my mind latley is the MOPS group that our church is starting. I have been prayhing faithfully that the women who are called to work as leaders in this ministry will find their way to me- or I them. I have never been more passionate about any other ministry in my life. I truly believe that God has called on our church to charter and support this group. There are countless mothers out there in this city, county, state and world who are all going through the same things right now. They are all filled with the excitement of being a new mother yet plaqued by the fear of never "being enough" or "doing enough". The blessing is that the Lord IS Enough- that is all we need to know.

Please pray for this group as we continue to recruit our leadership team. 4 positions have been filled but 4 more still remain. I know that God has already chosen these women- some of who may not feel ready or adequate (I was neither) but as I may have mentioned here before- God does not call the "ready" or "equipped" or "adequate"- He "prepares, equips and empowers" the called.

Blessings, sweet friends.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Great posts! I enjoyed catching up and reading your blog tonight. I couldn't help but wonder what mom you thought that I was...probably the one that tries to keep sweets out of their little one's hands?????