Pages 1

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Peace in this life

My stove top has dust on it. That should tell you the extent to which I have been fulfilling my "homemaker" duties. I have become quite creative in dreaming up meals that don't require a heat source other than the microwave. I used to love to cook. I would try new recipes and sit with anticipation as my husband took the first bite of my creations. I used to scour cookbooks for healthy, yet declicious-sounding meals. I used to make sure I had each food group represented and tried to serve food of every color of the rainbow. Last night my oldest son had boxed macaroni and cheese and cut up fruit for dinner. My youngest, when after turning his nose up at canned chicken noodle soup and a helping of black beans, would only accept oatmeal for his supper.

I am tired.

My floors need to be mopped. The carpet needs cleaning and I NEED a BREAK!

It is so very hard to remain positive after a day like yesterday when Britton literally screams the whole day unless I am holing him; when Tate feels personally rejected because, no I won't let him have bubble gum since he has swallowed every other piece I have ever tried to give him. The laundry is piled and our suitcase from 3 weeks ago sits on the bedroom floor unpacked.

This too, shall pass. I know that, Lord.

The most creative thing I did yesterday was build a fort for my son. I think I made his day...possibly his week. He delights in the little things.

Help me, Lord to count my blessings. To thank YOU for the constant chatter streaming out of my toddler's mouth- for he is able to speak! To revel in rocking my baby to sleep for the 4th nap time attempt- he is alive to hold and cuddle.

Ground me, Oh Lord. Give me strength to press on through fatigue and dissapointment. Remind me that I am ever so blessed and though sometimes I feel like I am on the brink of insanity- I prayed for this life for years and years and there is no place I would rather be, no one I would have rather become than the person you made me to be.

Thank you , Lord. Thank you.

No comments: