Pages 1

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ramblings

So...what have I been up to? I have been on a cleaning/organizing/throwing-stuff-out rampage and I love it. I think my friend Tori has been doing the same. I packed away three huge boxes of toys, threw out a garbage bag full of old, broken and missing-piece toys out of Tate's room- we can actually see the floor. I cleaned out my closet and have started a nice little garage sale stack. The living room is toy & clutter-free and the playroom, though stocked with toys looks more organized. I STILL have about three laundry baskets full of "stuff" that I need to go through. Those baskets haunt me daily!

The garage is another story- I will wait for warmer weather to worry about it, though.

Tate is doing well and his vocabulary is through the roof. At this point, he is just a regular little person that can pretty much express himself with whatever words he choses. He says "I Love You" unsolicited and tells me that "I am nice" and things like that. It is so sweet. He has started sneaking into our bed during the night- a habit that Derek and I are too tired at 3am when it occurs to break. We need to gather strength though, and get up with him and place him back in the bed when he does this.

Britton is crawling!! I know it seems crazy but he was our little scooter bug for so long- he finally crawled at a relatives house on Devember 29th. (11 mos old) He is EVERYWHERE now. Pulling up on things, wanting anything and everything he can get his little hands on. He is showing more and more agression (in a good way) these days but still only a fraction of what Tate was showing when he was 1. They are VERY different, still.

Derek is back to work- things are not as busy as they have been for him but I know it is only a matter of time. He and James are still working out 4 times a week- even though it takes him away from the home, I am glad he gets to do something for himself.

I am anticipating the completion of the MOPS Charter process and am excited beyond comprehension. God is at work within this ministry and I feel so blessed to be a part of that.

Well, I guess that sums up some of what we have been doing. I know it's nothing profound, but it is us.

Be blessed!!

1 comment:

Tori said...

You go girl! Looks like great minds think alike. I get a little stressed out about seeing what all needs to be done as well. I just have to take it a little at the time.