Pages 1

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Don't Quit

Sometimes I am so tired. Especially during a period of night after night, interrrupted sleep as has been the case these past two weeks. I long for somewhere that I can drop off my kids and just SLEEP!!!! I think I could sleep for two or three days straight if given the chance.

But that is not an option. I have to resolve myself to this challenge/marathon that is Motherhood. I cannot quit for so many reasons but the number one is because I love my children. I will press on, each day- knowing that one day there will be 8 consecutive hours of sleep. When that happens though, it will be bittersweet. My children grown, the house quiet and my days will be whatever I want them to be. I will miss the little voices, the laughter, the art projects gone haywire, the potty training toddler's tt on the toilet, the spilled cereal, the half-eaten cookie found under the couch...yes, I will miss it all...

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will.
When the road you’re trudging seems all up hill.
When funds are low and the debts are high.
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit.
Rest, if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns.
As everyone of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about.
When he might have won had he stuck it out:
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow –
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out –
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems so far:
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit –
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.

No comments: