Pages 1

Friday, November 12, 2010

On this day...

Today I lift up a friend who has been where no mother ever wants to go. 
On this day, two years ago, she gave birth to an angel who went to be with Jesus before his mama ever even saw his face. 

We held that mama, we loved her, we cooked for her, we grieved with her, we were there when she laid her baby to rest.  But we don't walk in her shoes, we don't see through her eyes we don't hurt with her heart. 

I draw strength from her strength and the way she only ever looked to the Lord for comfort and for peace.  I remember being afraid to tell this friend that I was expecting another baby just a few months after losing hers, but oh how she rejoiced with me.  It was then that I began to understand the love and strength of a Christ-filled heart of a true friend.

And on this day, her newest miracle will be on the operating table. We all pray for strength for that baby, for the doctors' hands to be steady and minds to be clear.  For peace and patience as the mama waits...and prays...and prays...and waits...until she can hold her baby again.

God Bless you, my friend.

5 comments:

Tinsley Times said...

My prayers are with her today.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful post, Merideth. I too, have been so inspired by her faith and strength through all she has been through. What a special tribute to her and her sweet baby boy.

Garretts said...

my heart is heavy with many prayers today. thanks for your beautiful words about one sweet mama that I certainly feel blessed to know.

Carolyn said...

Such beautiful words!

A Joyful Chaos said...

Praying for her.

This post made me cry. I also have two angel babies waiting for me in heaven so I can relate with your friend.

Beautifully written post. Thanks for sharing.