Pages 1

Monday, November 15, 2010

7 till One - Birthday Countdown

In seven days my baby will be one year old.  Here's seven memories of my girl:

1. When I found out I was expecting you I did what I always do when I am expecting a baby- I went out and bought a journal so that I could write down my thoughts and my memories of you.  The color of journal I chose?  Pink.  Do you think I knew?

2. When the ultrasound technician so rudely proclaimed "girl", I almost hyperventilated- she could barley keep the sonogram wand on my belly because of my sobs.  I stared at the monitor in disbelief and to this day I cannot believe I was blessed with you.  My girlfriends threw me a "pink party" that night to celebrate with a mom who had two times been blessed with boys...but finally got her girl.

3.  The first thing I said to you when I saw you was "she looks like Tate!".  Guess that wasn't poetic or particularly memorable, but I wasn't expecting you to look like that...or have THAT MUCH hair!

4. I've used a hair dryer on you since the day you were born...and a comb.

5.  I let you sleep with me for your first 4 months of life.  I know that is awful, but I couldn't help it.  Our room was SO COLD and you were SO LITTLE.  I loved that special time with you.

6. In those early days, you were SO SLEEPY!  I remember fretting over you and praying that you would be OK.  I would hold you in front of the window so your yellow skin could drink in the sunshine.

7.  I almost let you drown when you were about two weeks old.  I was bathing you and you got really slippery and soapy water got all over your mouth and you were breathing in the soap bubbles and I thought I might have a heart attack.  But you survived...and I did too...barely.

2 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

Merideth,
That was the sweetest blog post.

Garretts said...

awww...that last one is precious! you survived...barely. what sweet memories of your little gal! can't believe sunday makes a year!! your hairbow skills have certainly gotten stellar! i guess you had no choice with all miss ellie's hair!