Pages 1

Sunday, March 01, 2009

31derful

OK, I know this is a bit late, but I just have to say that my 31st birthday was one of, if not the best birthday I've ever had.

It began the night before, I came home to a living space that has been cleaned from top to bottom (laundry included) by my grandmother and aunt! I could not believe it- that was the best birthday present I've ever gotten.

The morning of my birthday Derek asked me to get on his computer and look at some spreadsheets he had created of our finances. I thought that was a little weird since I handle all of our finances and I've never known him to create a spreadsheet just for the fun of it. So, I opened up his laptop and found my own blog page starting back at me. As you know, he broke into my account and posted some really sweet things about me.

When the kids got up, they were excited to wish me happy birthday and gave me lots of kisses and hugs.

When I arrived at work I was greeted by lots of "Happy Birthdays" and a beautiful gift from my boss.

Two of my very best friends took me to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch and we got to wear those funny Mexican hats.

After work, we had BUNCO and then after that, the group of 5 friends that I feel like are my sisters gave me a party with cake, balloons, china and presents. We hung out for a little while and watched the Tivo version of American Idol.

I feel blessed to have been able to experience such a special day, almost every minute of it spent with people I love dearly.

OH, and then I got home to a zillion birthday greetings on Facebook. I know that sounds silly, but it just feels great to have that many people recognize you on your special day- I love technology.

Thanks to everyone that made February 26, 2009 so wonderful!!!

No comments: