Pages 1

Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Sweet Wife....Happy Birthday

Merideth

You are turning another year older today and it seems like yesterday that were both in our early 20's and in love. Standing in the front of a church excited, scared, and happier than we had ever been. All we had were each other and that was more than enough.

Now we are in our early 30's, four strong, you have different titles like...mom..but all I see when I look at you is that pretty young girl that I fell in love with and made me laugh like no one I had ever known. Only now you are stronger, wiser, and still just as beautiful. You are also a strong Christian woman and trust him with you life.

I get to see you with our kids and how you love them, take care of them, are patient with them. I also get to see when they make your facial expressions. Learn new things with you and laugh with you.

You are so much of what I am not...and I think that is what makes us a good fit. God knew that I needed someone that would take the Old man out of me and push me to try new things and not be so conservative. You are so gifted in ways that I will never be.

I guess what I am trying to say is that YOU ARE SPECIAL. Everyday I thank God for you being in my life. You are more than I could have ever hoped for in a wife. I love you very much and I look forward to growing old with you.

Have a wonderful birthday.

Love Derek

2 comments:

Garretts said...

so sweet. kudos to you, Derek, for marrying such a wonderful gal!

Sarah said...

Ok, Derek, thanks for making me all teary this morning! You are blessed to have Merideth. She's a great girll!