Pages 1

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Band Aid Moment

This morning was anything but sunny in the Shaw house. I got up extra early and made the boys eggs and toast. I set the table, poured the juice and put the hot food on the table. I lovingly woke the boys to tell them that their breakfast was ready with the hopes that they would gobble up their food, put on their clothes and be ready to let my grandmother help them put on their clothes by 7:30 so we could be out the door by 7:35.

I'll spare you all the details of what happened next.
Bottom line- our morning was anything but sunny.

So, in order to keep my heart from continuing to break all day, I surprised Tate at school and had lunch with him. When he saw me walk in, his smile took up his whole face and he sat up in his chair so high, that I thought hey might float to the ceiling like a bright red balloon! Oh, I'll never forget that sweet look of surprise and sheer joy on his face.

So, we ate taco meat, macaroni and cheese, corn, salad and water. I held his hand and kissed him and reminded him that no matter what, I'll always love him. It was a Band Aid moment for my heart and his- it was the best lunch I've had in years.

2 comments:

Garretts said...

okay...are you trying to make me cry this morning? how sweet is this? hope the morning of your birthday is a little more sunny (even though it's rainy today). and, if it's not, we'll pull out some band-aids tonight! love ya, birthday girl!

Garretts said...

i know i already commented on this entry, but would like to share it in the MOPS newsletter. okay with you?