Pages 1

Sunday, June 15, 2008

On this day It is only fitting that I send praise and thanks to the three fathers in my life.

David, my father. The quiet intellectual with a tender heart who was the rock of my childhood. You were the image of strength, composure and patience. You encouraged Independence and life lessons. I understand a little better now, the sacrifices you made for us. I miss the way we used to be. Time and distance is between us but I will always love you.

Derek, the father of my children. The way you melt when you hold our babies and the way you always want to be a better man for me and for them. The way you provide everything we need and so much of what we want. You take your job as father so seriously- the way a Christian man should. Thank you for the guard you let down as you raise our boys to be men who are not afraid to love freely. Thank you for the fishing trips, the vacations and all the fun things we do as a family. You are making our boy's childhood rich with memories and love. Thank you for sharing Jesus with them and being a glimpse of our eternal Father here on earth.

God, the Father and Savior of my soul. The way you tell me "it's all right" when it doesn't seem like it is. The way that you assure me and bring peace to my heart when I am walking in your will. The way you have been so very real to me the last 5 years of my life. I only wish I'd longed for you sooner. The beautiful earth you created for us to enjoy- I am amazed by your beauty daily. You've blessed me with everything I have ever wanted in life. Thank you for giving me eternal life and for giving meaning to my days here on earth.

My cup runneth over...

2 comments:

Suzanna said...

So sweet, Mer. I kind of want to copy and paste it onto my blog for the three dads in my life. So well said!

Garretts said...

great post...so sweet! i've got some catching up to do on my page!