Pages 1

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cha Cha Cha Changes....

If you are my friend, you already know the changes that are going on in our life right now. I will spare the details and cut to the chase. Two weeks ago we bought land on Monday and on Thursday we got a contract on our house and I accepted a full time position at Initials Inc.

We have to be out of our house by August 5th but I start work on July 3oth with a 5 day/night stay in Buckhead for the Initials Inc. yearly sales meeting- "Celebration". If I did not know that all of this fast paced timing was ordained by God, I think I would be checking into an insane asylum right now. Instead, I have the greatest sense of peace and purpose and I know I am being sustained by prayers from family and friends and the will of God.

So, why does a happy & blessed stay-at-home mom/Coordinator of MOPS decide to go back to work? I have no idea. I cannot give you a single reason for going to work full time- all I can tell you is that I am following the plan God has given to me.

In the coming months I will document my transition from "at home" to "at work". I am sure that there will be a vast range of emotions as our whole family embarks on these changes. I can tell you that I already look at my children in a new light of appreciation and adoration. My patience with them is beyond any I've had over the past 4 years. I am treasuring every moment, every smile, every tear.

As mothers, I believe we all set out to do what we feel is best for our family. Whether that be to work or stay at home. I am absolutely certain that I will be judged for my decision to work- after all, I was constantly judged as a stay at home mom. How sad that 99% of the time those who judge mothers are actually other mothers! I can tell you that there will be difficult times of sadness when I wonder what my children are doing "right now". Hopefully there will also be a sense of confidence as I know that I am contributing to my families' future as well as helping other mothers realize their dreams of staying at home and earning extra money through Initials Inc.

Dear friends- I do ask you that you pray for me- for Derek and for Tate & Britton. I still have to decide where the kids will go after preschool. Praise God for the three Christian women who have offered to keep them. I am overwhelmed by the support and encouragement that I have gotten from my closest circle- I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!

As for MOPS, I will remain on the Steering Team as we transition Missy into the role of Coordinator. I absolutely cannot wait to see how the Lord will use her this year and how AWESOME the rest of the Steering Team will be.

For now, I am packing and moving and preparing for a new carreer. Check us out at http://www.initials-inc.com/ .

Love & Many Blessings....

2 comments:

Garretts said...

hey, the funniest thing happened: when I decide to catch up on friends' blogs, I surf to our page and click the links. As you know I have music on my page and guess what song began playing on my page when I clicked over to view your latest entry: The Times They Are A-Changin' by Bob Dylan.
See you tomorrow!

Suzanna said...

Wow--congratulations! I looked at the site...VERY CUTE!! What will you do for them?