Pages 1

Monday, September 06, 2010

up to and into

Ellie was 9 months old on August 21st, and I must say that she "grew up" more in one month than she had in the last 8.  She went from happily sitting and observing to actively exploring her world.  She's UP TO 16 1/2 pounds and INTO just about everything!
Busted!
Her favorite indulgence right now is her brother's marker collection.  As soon as she sees the pantry doors open, she scurries over to discover what markers look like, feel like and taste like. 
She also loves my cookbooks.  She can occupy herself for a good 15-20 minutes pulling them all off the shelves in the kitchen making this funny little new laugh that I MUST capture on video soon.

Ellie has also discovered that it's OK if she does not like a particular food, because Rose will eat just about anything.  I've caught her tossing pieces of veget ables and bread to our four-legged friend.  Rose LOVES when its time for Ellie to eat.

"I didn't do it."
She has discovered brooms, drawers, the dishwasher, shoes, toilet paper, the bathroom scale, the bathtub drain plug, the fancy balls that mommy keeps in a basket/tower thingy on the fireplace, daddy's computer keys, the vacuum cleaner cord, the drawer that sits just beneath the surface from which I am right now typing (has found change, stamps, earrings, flash drives, iPod ear buds...all kinds of neat things in there!).  So her curiosity and propensity to explore means more than ever that I CANNOT TAKE MY EYES OFF OF HER.  And I don't.

More work for me...less undivided time on Facebook...more time shucking my "to do list" to spend time sitting right with her and chasing her all over the house.  I love it though.  I love to see those wheels turning, the zest for more, more, more, as she takes in her little big world.  UP TO 20th percentile in height and weight INTO 100 percent more than that!

1 comment:

Garretts said...

adorable little Ellie. i had a lot of fun with her on Sunday. i think those couple of weeks when they finally start crawling and pulling up everywhere and getting into everything does make it seem like they've grown light years! she certainly seems a lot more than 3 months older than Sam. good luck keeping her corraled so you can at least keep blogging! :)

p.s. my time is coming!