Pages 1

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I am asking you to BELIEVE. God commands it.

Derek would have lost his job today if he had still been with Black & Decker. I am still reeling from the shock. 5 1/2 years of service with a Fortune 500 company, top in sales and the recipient of numerous awards- it wouldn't have mattered. 7 weeks ago he went to work for Covidien, a medical supply sales company. Derek has wanted to be in medical sales since the beginning of his career. Why in what seems to be the worst economy we've seen in our lifetime was he offered the chance to chase his dreams?

After the shock, come the tears of knowing that God CONTINUES to have his hand on this family. WHY US LORD? WE ARE SO UNWORTHY!

Derek told me on Memorial Day to be specific in my prayer requests to God. I've always prayed "His will"- trusting in the plan- being carried but not believing that I had the right to ask for the desires of my heart. That very day Audrey (sorority sister/friend/realtor) just happened to be outside walking in the morning and casually asked if we had thought about selling our house. 4 hours later I called her and said- let's do it. A week later it was on the market. Over the next 5 weeks I would get a job offer with a Company that I believe is changing the world one woman at a time; we would purchase 3 acres of land and we would sell our house. WHY US LORD??? Is it becuase our knuckles had gotten so white from the grip we had on our life that the only thing we had left to do was let go and let YOU?

Derek and I did not have glamorous upbringings. Broken homes, emotional turmoil. Derek comes from the most humble background of anyone I have ever known in my life. He is the only one in his family to ever go to college. To ever get away from his hometown. He started working at age 12- picking watermelons for a man who gave him a few cents per melon. He cleaned toilets at a hardware store through High School and he worked at a bank in a Wal-Mart when he graduated from college. I know that I do not deserve God's grace and blessings, but Derek...he just might.

WHY US LORD? Is it because we've given everything to you? Is it because we've made decisions based on what I hear You say to me despite the illogic of it all? If it all were gone tomorrow I would still stand in amazement and then fall at my Father's feet because I have seen Him. I have seen the work of the Lord. I have heard Him speak to me. If I never live another day, know that I was blessed. On Faith I prayed, on Faith I believed and God was Faithful enough to me to KEEP HIS PROMISES- Ask! Ask and it shall be done.

Dear friends, whatever burden you are carrying, whatever load you feel will fall unless you grab tight, I ask you to lay it down. Let it go. Pray to God and be specific because HE CARES! He does, I promise.

"When ye pray, believe." Mark 11:24 BELIEVE!

When there is a matter that requires definite prayer, pray till you BELIEVE God, until with feigned lips you can thank Him for the answer.

Tis better to walk by faith than sight, In this path of yours and mine;
And the pitch-black night, when there's no outer light
Is the time for faith to shine.

6 comments:

Tori said...

WOW! What a testimony and a blessing. Thanks for the encouragement.

Garretts said...

I agree. Thanks for sharing this. We miss you guys! Let's get together soon. When does Derek get back?

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman. I am blessed to have you in my life. I love you.

D

Sarah said...

So true. Thanks for sharing and being so open, Merideth. Hope to see you soon!

Kathy Stroud Cashion said...

Praise the Lord from WHom all Blessings Flow.

That was a wonderful testimony and you are the recipient of blessings that God gives in reward for faithfulness. Keep relying on him.
He isn't through with the blessings.
Just don't forget to praise Him as you already have. He is worthy of all our praise.

Angel said...

mer, I *love* this post. it's written so beautifully and it prompted me to reflect/remember the Lord's guidance in my life.

thank you for sharing your heart!