Pages 1

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dear Britton,

Today is the last day you'll be two. I remember the day you were born and the instant I first held you. I've never been filled with so much joy in my life. With Tate, the joy was trumped by the fear of him not breathing, but with you and your loud cries- it was the purest moment of joy I've ever experienced. I remember that for the first two weeks you would only sleep if you were in someone's arms. I remember how you had the hardest time staying awake while I nursed you. I remember, as you got bigger, how you would lay down in your crib and push your booty up in the air to fall asleep. I remember you always with those big blue eyes and sweet smile. You're a terror at times now, probably becuase I've let you have your way so much. I cannot believe three years have passed since your birth. I am so glad that God blessed us with you- I love being your mother. You never ate baby food- you just went straight to the real stuff. WHy you don't eat anything now, I don't know.


I remember how happy you were with yourself this day. You have ALWAYS loved pens. You're the kid that draws on everything- walls, couches, carpet, people- you don't discriminate


You've always wanted to do everything Tate does. You've been exposed to more choking hazards than DFCS would approve of.



Your favorite type of cheese is still sharp shredded.


Notice the crayons, once again thrilled to have a writing instrument in hand. How many times have I picked up your crayons, pens, markers and pencils?




You're my messer, my snuggle bug, my bitsy bells, my shmiddia, my belles, my sistsy, my bitzy, my sweet Britton. I love you.

3 comments:

Garretts said...

What a precious joy Britton is! He is so much fun to have around. We enjoyed helping celebrate his birthday today! I loved seeing the pictures...since we've only been around this last year. I know you said his hair stuck up and it was a lot like Jack's, but I couldn't believe the resemblance in some of these...especially the one of him eating the cheese!

Get well soon!

Sarah said...

What a sweet post, Merideth. Please print it out and save it for him. He will cherish his sweet momma's words so much.

Unknown said...

This is so sweet. Both of your boys are beautiful. It is sad how fast they grow!