Pages 1

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Came Early Today

Since day one of my career at Initials, Inc., we have been designing the new Spring/Summer 2009 line. We've held conference calls, requested run-offs, approved samples, made changes, inspected fabric tuns, matched Pantones, etc. Well, today the bags finally arrived!! It was almost like the birth of a child (OK, we all know that childbirth is WAY more exciting, but work with me here). We have spent all of this time planning for this new line, designing each piece with care and consideration and making sure that it will all "fit" into the new catalog. It's pretty cool to see something come to fruition that you helped create. I wish I could show you the new designs & fabrics...March 1 seems like a long time away!

Britney and I went shopping today for all of our photo shoot props which is on Monday & Tuesday- bless the ladies who will be modeling for us in their best spring outfits in the middle of December. We've spent countless hours deciding which items will be on what pages, what props we will use, what copy will appear on the pages, etc. I feel like all of our hard work is beginning to pay off as we see this new line come to fruition. This truly is my "dream job" and I am thankful as ever to have it.

1 comment:

Garretts said...

ooooo...fun, fun, fun! i bet it was like christmas morning for you. this sounds like so much fun. i love the idea of shopping for props for a photo shoot and then actually arranging the items! what fun!! you're right March 1 is a long way off! no chance of a sneak peek?? :)