Pages 1

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Beach Photos

We went to the beach this year with our friends James, Andrea & baby Andrew. I think we were all a bit apprehensive about what it would be like to be together 24/7 for a week straight- I mean, sure we love each other, but you never know what can happen when you spend hours on end with the same family. Well, our fears were completely unwarranted, because we ended up having the best vacation that I can ever remember. We all had so much fun together and despite 3 people under the age of 5, it was very relaxing too. Now, only true friends won't give you a hard time if you want to go to bed before 10- and Andrea and I were happy to doze off by then a night or two. It was just so nice to be able to be ourselves- no agenda or "plans"- just be and enjoy our children and each other's company. It was so relaxing, in fact, I didn't take a million pictures like I normally would, but below are the moments I managed to capture on film...



The house we stayed at had a chess table- this kept the boys busy for hours. What can I say, Derek and I breed geniuses!


Brit plans his next move.

Tate trying to explain to Britton why it really is fare that he is master of all the chess pieces.


Baby Andrew is excited about one of his favorite things....FOOD! He flaps his "wings" when he gets excited...it is so cute!



Stair steps




Not sure we want to know what's going on right here...


Tate being chased by Britton


You lookin' at me?


Andrew & James brave the icy water....brrrrrrrrrrr


Tate models his mama's glasses


Tate's pretending that he is solving a mystery with Scooby Doo by his side.

3 comments:

Garretts said...

Finally...lol, j/k! My favs are your two geniuses in their underwear (clothes can really cloud your thoughts when playing chess!) and the three boys on the deck railing. Looks like great fun.

HP said...

Oh my goodness...I love these pictures. Such cute boys. I'm glad that you guys had a great time!

Kathy Stroud Cashion said...

My daughter has a picture of her daughter like the one you took of Britt squatting. That cracked me up.
Her caption was "never ask a one year old what she's doing when she squats."

Your pics were so good. I MISS YOU MERIDETH SHAW