Pages 1

Thursday, February 01, 2007

SNOW DAY!!

We woke up this morning to a 5" blanket of snow. For us Southerners, that's practically a blizzard. Tate was so excited and he kept asking "Where did the grass go?"

We actually spent the night at my Gram's house in anticipation of wintry weather. The last time we had snow & ice we lost power at our house for three days and without a fireplace to keep us warm (well, we have the fireplace & logs but are waiting on the propane tank) we were FREEZING!! Gram has a wood burning stove so we are all nice and toasty- we still have power too. Derek is in Atlanta- he spent the night at my mom's house so he wouldn't be stuck up here today. He had several people flying in from all over the country today so he could not miss today at work.

Tate and I played out in the snow for about an hour and a half. It was so much fun! I felt like a little kid- we made a little snowman, threw snowballs at each other and tried to sled. We took some pictures so I will post them when I get a chance.

I have a million things to do at my house but it is actually nice to get away from there so I can just enjoy the day.

Be blessed, sweet friends!!

No comments: