Pages 1

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Six!


How can my baby be six?


When I look at you, I can still feel my breath get taken away. I still marvel at your perfect face, your ten fingers and ten toes....the same ones we counted all those years ago. You make me smile with your humor and the way you can put everyone in a room in stitches. You live life loudly and fully with a heart bigger than the moon.

Bless your heart- you were my "starter baby". I've made a lifetime's worth of mistakes with you, yet you love me still. Giving birth to you was my first experience of what it feels like to have my heart beating out of my chest. I've kept you close to me, but lately have been learning to let you go...just a little. Let you be you and discover why God made you and what purpose you have here on earth. I hope we will be close forever and that you will always come to me, no matter what.

We both love music, love to dance, we're stubborn and dramatic, both have messy handwriting and we both like to laugh. But you are stronger than I. Funnier, more confident, more sensitive, more...well, just more. And I am thankful. I wouldn't change one thing about you son, you are an angel to me and every day I thank God that I get to be your mama.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

OH, MY GOSH! Merideth SHAW! I did not know what a talented writer you are! I was about to bawl my eyes out. Merideth, that line about your first experience knowing what it feels like to have you heart beat outside of your chest...made me gasp. How lucky Tate is to have a mother that can truly express to him how much she loves him. I know he will grow up to be a confident young man because of that love.

thehollandfamily said...

I agree what an amazing way with words. I thought about the part of mistakes and know that I have made a million with my girls but yet they do still love it. Tate is blessed to have a wonderful mom.

Garretts said...

wonderful tribute to a fine young boy who has a lot of little guys looking up to him. of course as his mama you know him best, but it seems you described him perfectly. i'm certainly glad to know that funny, caring and outgoing six-year-old you call your baby.

p.s. you still have to blog about the mario cake...it's waaaaay too impressive to keep hidden in your camera!!

Sarah said...

What a sweet momma post! We're not old enough to have six year olds, are we Mer? Such a blessing though!

Anonymous said...

Merideth you are such a wonderful mother to my grandbabies. And to be able to express the way you feel inside this way is a gift. May God continue to bless you and your precious family. I love ya'll