Pages 1

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Workin' Woman

So I am in my 4th week of being officially "back to work". What does that look like for me? Well, to be honest it is THE MOST ideal situation, working for THE MOST incredible COMPANY!

My schedule:
In the office on Mondays & Tuesdays from 8:30-2:30 while one of my very best friends comes to my house wand watches Ellie and Britton. All of my other work is done from home.

Warning- Girlfriend talk ahead!
I am adamant about breastfeeding and keeping my milk supply up, so being away from Ellie for such a short period of time, I only have to pump once while I am away. I hook my little "milk machine" (as the boys call it) up to an outlet in the back seat of my van and 5 minutes later I am walking back into the office with 6 ounces of "mother's finest". Something about hooking up to the car makes the pump go crazy...instead of the wooo.......wooooo.....woooo it does at home, it is more like woowoowoowoowoo.

Anyhoo...
On "office days" when Derek is not here, I leave the house at 7:45, drop Tate off at school and then work until 2:30. When I get off, I go pick up Tate and am home by 3:00.

On "work from home days", Tate is in school of course and Britton attends The Little School from 8am - 12 pm. So Ellie and I pick Brit up at noon and then head back out again later in the afternoon to get Tate. As much as I hate getting Ellie out in the cold...she is with me all day Wed-Sun and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

The first few weeks were a bit rough. It is difficult to balance work/family/housekeeping duties, etc. but we are finally hitting a stride and settling into our new routine. I absolutely LOVE the work I am doing and need it as my creative outlet. I work for the most phenomenal women- Christians, and just plain old good-hearted friends. I am so very thankful to GOD for this opportunity to get out of the house, contribute to my family financially and to truly have a sense of "having it all". Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would have such an opportunity in a little ol' mountain town.

7 comments:

kriswalls said...

The perfect balance! What a blessing!

Sarah said...

So glad you are so happy and have found such a great balance and outlet for your talents. What a blessing!

Jodee said...

Wow! You do have it all!

That woowoowoowoowoo brought back some memories!

Kim said...

So glad that you're finding your stride! I love Brittney & Ivy! I'm glad that you were able to take a break last night, it was great to see you.

Sarah said...

Tagged you on my blog!

Sarah said...

Mer, I tagged you on my blog, so check it out when you get a chance!

black tag diaries said...

i love that you are such a multi-tasker that you can pump during your commute to work. very impressive.

and thanks for the printer info... i went ahead and bought a canon pixma and have been pleased so far.